02 Feb CTSI Pediatric Translational Research Unit
Located on the fourth floor of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, the Pediatric Translational Research Unit (P-TRU) is a resource for all clinical investigators to perform the translational aspects of their behavioral, clinical and/or observation studies. The P-TRU services all ages from birth through geriatrics. Most of the research studies are specific to genetic congenital anomalies but range for all populations.
The P-TRU team is available to assist with a variety of services:
- Study management: from budgeting, planning, and regulatory to implementation
- Our health unit coordinator, also a trained phlebotomist, is available to assist investigators with specimen processing
- Friendly research nurses are available to assist investigators with research specific needs across multiple disciplines
- Team members provide assistance with scattered bed placements, inpatient/outpatient research, behavioral health, interviews, lab services and qualitative health sciences
- Grant development resources and assistance with protocol implementation are also provided
- The P-TRU research team provides a unique combination of research and quality care while enhancing the quality of the experience for research participants
The P-TRU offers five exam suites (two of which can accommodate large families), we also provide additional space for investigators to conduct interviews and obtain informed consent. Available equipment for research includes: multiple refrigerators, a -80˚ freezer, an fMRI and DEXA Scanner, a Bod Pod, and a Pea Pod (which is mobile and allows for flexibility in location). The P-TRU can connect you to cores within the Children’s Research Institute (CRI), the Herma Heart Center and the electromagnetic pediatric gait lab.
Since the P-TRU is located within Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, research participants have the advantage of many hospital benefits such as the support of Child Life, therapy dogs, rapid response and code team, and the convenience of valet parking.
The Pediatric TRU is open from 7:30am-4:30pm Monday through Thursday and from 7:30am to 4:00pm on Friday. Investigators may utilize the P-TRU, beyond normal business hours for non-treatment studies; Lab space has been made accessible to investigators 24/7. To request special accommodations, please contact the P-TRU Manager.
To access the Pediatric TRU services:
- Complete a request for space and services on the CTSI Website
- Pediatric TRU contacts:
Laura Becker, Interim Director, CRI, TRU Manager at (414)266-3994 or email@example.com
Jeff Crawford, Research Coordinator at (414)266-7254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. David Wyatt, Medical Director at (414)266-6750 or email@example.com