Research Coordinator Enrichment Series
The CTSI Academy is offering an education series addressing day-to-day components of clinical research conduct.
This series will have a strong emphasis on the practical conduct of clinical research at MCW and its partner institutions. Our goal is to provide research staff with guidance on specific situations encountered by research teams on a routine basis while conducting clinical research. Presenters will share tips and tools for safe, efficient, ethical, and compliant conduct of research. At the end of each session, participants are invited to bring their questions for an open discussion with our experts.
This program will feature experts from the MCW Clinical Trials Office and from various other research departments across MCW.
This series is designed to help participants:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of best practices through a variety of focused topics
- Build confidence in the conduct of clinical research
- Apply the knowledge gained into day-to-day practice
- Bring issues encountered during conduct of research for an open discussion with experts in the area
- Connect and communicate with experts and use those connections to problem solve issues you encounter in your daily activities
Any staff, faculty member, resident or fellow involved in conduct of clinical research.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Sessions will be virtual and in-person from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Participants are welcome to bring lunch.
- June 15, 2023 – Reportable Events – UPIRSO, AE, SAE
- This session will help participants identify UPIRSOs, serious adverse events, and reportable events, and will discuss IRB reporting guidelines. We will also look at how reportable events affect other aspects of a clinical trial.
- July 20, 2023 – Site Selection & Study Startup Logistics
- This session will focus on preparing for and participating in an industry sponsored trial selection process and understanding the steps and procedures required for starting a new trial at MCW.
- August 17, 2023 – Source Documents and Case Report Forms
- The purpose of this session is to define source documents and case report forms, and share information on the function and use of each document type. The group will also discuss case scenarios for proper usage of each document.
- September 21, 2023 – Clinical Trial Inpatient Enrollment
- Participants will learn about the planning, processes, and pitfalls of enrolling inpatients into clinical trials.