09 Feb Exploring the Metabolic Syndrome Workshop – a Great Success
Exploring the Metabolic Syndrome: Basic Mechanisms, Clinical Implications and Community Impact
The temperature hovered around 5º F on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 as eighty people from all the CTSI partnering institutions attended the Metabolic Syndrome Workshop at the Grohmann Museum – Milwaukee School of Engineering. This workshop was aimed towards investigators who were interested in carrying out studies related to the Metabolic Syndrome.
- To allow investigators to share their ongoing research related to the Metabolic Syndrome
- To facilitate collaborations among investigators at all CTSI partnering institutions
- To develop new opportunities for collaboration with community and industry partners
- To identify potential mentors
- Keynote address by Robert H. Eckel, MD – “The Metabolic Syndrome Quandary: A Great Model for Bidirectional Translational Research”.
- Selected research presentations in the various sub-arenas of the Metabolic Syndrome by junior and senior faculty
- Luncheon address by Ahmed H. Kissebah, MD, PhD – “The Metabolic Syndrome: The World’s New Epidemic”
- Poster sessions
- Focused small group sessions