03 Jun CTSI COLLECTIVE IMPACT MKE: An Early Childhood Summit on School Readiness
10499 W Innovation Dr
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Be a part of the CTSI COLLECTIVE IMPACT MKE Early Childhood Summit on School Readiness as we bring together CTSI CAN/Vroom partner organizations, parents, child care centers, community and faith-based leaders, academia, healthcare, business, media, elected officials, and other early childhood professionals to discuss narrowing the achievement gap through the Child Advancement Network (CAN). The Summit will promote collective impact work on the importance of the first five years, brain science/Vroom, executive function skills, and developing a working definition of kindergarten readiness.
The evening of engagement is a working lab to focus on policy, practices and engagement for school readiness including: Defining School Readiness in the State of Wisconsin, Understanding the Importance of Parks/Play on School Readiness; Teacher Preparedness for Early Childhood, Best Practices for Community Engagement for School Readiness. Child Care Registry Certificate Available: 2 Hours through 4-C for Children. Complimentary dinner and parking provided. Limited space available.
CTSI Collaboration Partners
- African American Ladies Empowered to Grow Opportunities (A-LEGO)
- 4-C For Children
- City of Milwaukee Office of Early Childhood Initiatives (OECI)
- Marquette University ME.D. Program
- Milwaukee Child Care Alliance (MCCA)
- Milwaukee Teachers Education Center (MTEC)
- Milwaukee Public Schools – 1825 Early Childhood Initiative
- Milwaukee Succeeds
- Pastors United
- University of Wisconsin Milwaukee School of Nursing
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA)
Please register by June 9, 2019 for this free event.