Clinical Research Training Program Bootcamp
Successful conduct of clinical research depends on the research team’s ability to navigate the many complexities of local and federal regulations, site logistics, and clinical operations.
Developing a sound understanding of these issues and acquiring the ability to accurately fulfill all responsibilities is essential. It can be difficult for study teams to obtain correct and complete information and training they need to accomplish the above.
Therefore, the CTSI Academy and the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) are offering a Bootcamp Clinical Research Training Program. This program has a strong focus on the practical conduct of clinical research at MCW and its partner institutions. The goal of this program is to provide research staff – both coordinators and PIs – with important information on the research environment at MCW and its partners, while sharing tips and tools for the safe, efficient, ethical, and compliant conduct of research.
This program is made possible by contributions from experts at the MCW Office of Research, Children’s Wisconsin IRB, the departments of medicine and pediatrics and the Cancer Center and MCW Clinical Trials Offices.
- Learn best practices from experienced presenters for the effective conduct of clinical research
- Overview of the research environment at MCW and its partner institutions
- Outline and learn about the study timeline process
- Explore in-depth the policies and operations of the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Any staff, faculty member, resident or fellow either new to clinical research or new to the MCW, CW, and VA research environments. Staff that have taken this training in the past can attend to refresh content matter and changes that occur over time.
As MCW continues to move through the phases of the COVID-19 recovery plan, we may once again be able to offer this workshop in-person (in addition to virtual). However, depending on current MCW guidance regarding capacity and distancing restrictions, we may be limited in the number of attendees we can accommodate in-person. At this time, we will give preference for in-person attendance to the first 25 registrants who select that option; others will be provided with virtual attendance information. Thank you for your understanding.
- Winter: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 and Tuesday, February 8, 2022 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Spring: Monday, May 16, 2022 and Tuesday, May 24, 2022 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Fall: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 and Tuesday, November 1, 2022 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. – Registration is now closed