21 Feb Discovery Radio – Episode #70: Living with Lupus
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that affects over 1.5 million Americans, mostly women. There’s a significant disparity in which women it most commonly affects, leading one researcher to head up a clinical trial in addressing this disparity within the disease’s largest population.
And later in this episode, we’ll get a firsthand account from someone who has it. We’re learning about lupus, inside this edition of CTSI Discovery Radio.
Edith Williams, PhD
Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
South Carolina Clinical & Translational Research Institute (SCTR)
- MCW Department of Rheumatology
- PALS (Peer Approaches to Lupus Self-Management) Clinical Trial
- Contact Dr. Edith Williams regarding PALS clinical Trial
Email / (843) 876-1519
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
- South Carolina Clinical & Translational Research Institute (CTSR)
- Lupus Foundation of America, Wisconsin Chapter
- American College of Rheumatology
- Wisconsin Rheumatology Association