15 Jul Discovery Radio – Episode #27 – Alternative Therapies for PTSD
With the recent Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays, we paid respect to our military veterans who sacrificed their lives and we celebrated our freedom that their sacrifice brings.
For many veterans, the price of defending our freedom is high. Even the ones fortunate enough to make it back home often suffer from long-lasting, serious effects of military life in their civilian life for years afterward.
One condition frequently diagnosed amongst veterans is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. There are many traditional treatments and there are more recently discovered, alternative therapies for treating PTSD.
Find out how horses, dogs and even guitars are serving the needs of our military service men and women, as we explore alternative treatments for PTSD, inside this edition of CTSI Discovery Radio!
- Dr. Michael McBride, MD, Psychiatrist – Zablocki VA Medical Center, Assistant Professor – Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, MCW
- Veronica Sosa Agnoli, MS, LPC, PATH Int., CTRI, President & CEO – LifeStriders
- Patrick Nettesheim, Co-Founder, Guitars for Vets
- Dr. Liliana Pezzin, PhD, JD, Professor – General Internal Medicine, MCW
- Linda M. Bobot, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP, Co-Founder – HAVEN (Hounds And Veterans Empowered Now)