25 Mar Discovery Radio – Episode #11 – Concussions & Traumatic Brain Injury
There has been a lot of talk recently about concussions and traumatic brain injuries. Concern has been raised about NFL players, collegiate sports programs, military veterans, and our own children’s safety playing school sports. We’ll try to sort out fact from fiction, and we’ll explain what’s being done to study the effects of a blow to the head on your health.
- Lars Berglund, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine; Senior Associate Dean for Research; Director, Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC), University of California, Davis
- Amit Gode, MD, MPH, Administrative Director, Clinical Trials Office, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Patrick SF Bellgowan, PhD, Program Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- Michael McCrea, PhD, ABPP-CN, Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery; Director, Brain Injury Research Program, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Michael Richards, Head Coach, Wauwatosa East High School