- About Us
- Education & Training
- Career Development
- Programs & Degrees
- Undergrads & High School
- News & Events
Module 4: What are the expectations of the Technology Transfer Office?
The technology transfer office considers you a partner in the process. Both the inventors and the technology transfer office staff have distinct responsibilities.
- Disclose inventions to the tech transfer office.
- Assign (or give ownership) of your invention to your employing institution.
- Submit all relevant data and materials to help with patent filing.
- Review and edit the draft of the patent document and any patent office requirements.
- Respond to the administrative staff in a timely fashion.
- Assist in identifying commercial partners and creating marketing materials.
- Actively participate.
Technology transfer office responsibilities
- Evaluate invention disclosures for patentability and commercial potential
- File Federally required invention reports
- Coordinate patent filing with attorneys
- Prepare marketing materials and work with commercial partners to license technology
- Negotiate, draft, and execute legal agreements
- Communicate and update inventor with progress
- Distribute and track royalty revenue according to institutional policy