The M-TRU also serves as a mobile research facility to support larger studies at community sites. This TRU serves as its own clinical unit in more remote areas, a function we anticipate becoming its primary role.
TRU Terms & Attestations
TRU Terms & Attestations
- The TRU requires a fully signed Letter of Agreement (LOA), a study roll-out meeting, and a copy of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Approval letter before the study may begin.
- Cancellation of Requested Services: Please provide notice of at least 48 hours for cancellation of requested services.
- Scheduling of Requested Services: Please email contact us through the form below to set up a study appointment. Availability is to the best of our ability with variables including but not limited to: already scheduled services for this or any other study, availability of appropriate staff, and availability of appropriate physical space.
- The TRU fees are subject to change. Every effort will be made to minimize the amount and frequency of such changes.
- As a practice, the TRU will maintain study documentation in EPIC. It is up to the individual study team to create and maintain their own source documents per their study requriements. Notify TRU RNs if certain elements need to be added to the EPIC progress note (i.e. vial number or kit lot numbers). If any additional documents outside of EPIC are kept in the PTRU, they will be turned over to the Principal Investigator at the time of study completion in the PTRU.
- As a CTSI Investigator, you agree to participate in the TRU’s annual satisfaction survey process.
- Should additional services be requested, a new proposal may be created to outline the scope of the request and associated cost-sharing fees. This LOA will be amended as necessary.
- If any changes are made in your protocol, it is the study team’s responsibility to provide any updated IRB approved forms and review any procedural changes with the PTRU Nurse Manager prior to the next participant’s scheduled visit.
- The TRU will bill on a monthly basis for all services rendered.
- Payment for services performed will be expected upon receipt of a billing statement.
- On behalf of the department/division/institute or other professional jurisdiction that you represent, you attest that all of the following conditions have been satisfied:
- The Principal Investigator is a faculty member, credentialed physician, licensed nurse or licensed pharmacist (as applicable) in good standing;
- The Principal Investigator is approved to devote the proposed time and effort to this project;
- If the Principal Investigator’s application identifies Department/Division/Institute funds to support this project, this Department/Division/Institute endorses this commitment;
- The project has scientific merit, uses procedures consistent with sound research design, and is likely to yield the expected knowledge; and
- The proposal is a complete and coherent one.
- You agree to cite the Pediatric TRU of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin on all publications arising from any research project receiving support from the PTRU.
- If you are funded by a CTSI award, you agree to cite CTSA NIH Grant UL1TR001436 and if applicable KL2TR001438 on all publications arising from any research project receiving support from the CTSI. Publications arising from any research project receiving support from the CTSI must acknowledge such support by stating the following:
- “Support received by grant UL1TR001436 from the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.”
- KL2 Scholars: “Support received by grants UL1TR001436 and KL2TR001438 from the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.”
Please note, we have centralized the requests for services for the service cores listed below. You no longer need to submit a separate request forms for each core, if you are using more than one.
- Adult TRU
- Pediatric TRU
- VA TRU
- Community TRU
- Mobile TRU
- TRU Core Lab
- CTSI Clinical Trials Office
- Bionutrition Services