- About Us
- Education & Training
- Post-Doctoral Programs
- Pre-Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs, Seminars, and Lectures
- High School & Undergraduate Programs
- News & Events
How to Apply
You apply to the Master of Science in Bioinformatics program by completing an application to the Marquette University Graduate School. It is important that you follow these instructions carefully.
These instructions are ONLY for candidates not currently enrolled as graduate students at Marquette University.
- Complete an online application available from the Marquette University Graduate School
- Personal Information section. Complete in full.
- Graduate School Plans section:
Entry date: Indicate next semester.
Enrollment: Very important. Do you expect to be a full-time (7 or more credits per semester) or a part-time student?
Program of Interest: BIIN (not yet on the back of the page)
Specialization: Indicate BIIN – Master of Science in Bioinformatics.
Degree Sought: MS.
Status: Check appropriate box.
- Academic Information section. Complete in full.
- Financial Aid section. Complete in full.
Only limited financial aid is available in this program, and the majority is awarded by the participating units:
“EECE” (Electrical and Computer Engineering),
“MSCS” (Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science) or
“BIIN” (Bioinformatics specialty)
If you are applying for financial aid, in the space at the extreme right of this section, indicate by ONE of “EECE”, “MSCS” or “BIIN” the unit to which your aid application should be directed.
- Signature section.
Sign and date your application.
- Page Two Employment Information section.
Complete in full. Since this is a terminal professional program, we are especially interested in relevant work history. Use additional sheets if necessary. We encourage you to list previous employment as “relevant” work, even if is not necessarily in bioinformatics. (You may submit a professional resume instead of completing this section.)
- Essay Question section.
Required for this program, although the instructions do not yet say so. You might address relevant work experience or education, career goals, possible areas of interest and why you seek admission to this program. We will use your essay as one indication of your suitability for this program and of your communication skills. If you are admitted, your essay will help us to assign you an appropriate advisor.
- Additional Information section.
- Send additional application materials to:
Holthusen Hall 305
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881 USA
- Official transcripts from all current and previous undergraduate and graduate work. For courses taken at Marquette, an unofficial transcript is sufficient.
- Essay outlining relevant work experience or education, career goals, possible areas of interest and why you seek admission to this program (statement of interest).
- Three letters of reference from professors or professionals familiar with your abilities, academic work and/or professional background.
- For international applicants, a recent TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency and a recent GRE score are required.