Adult Echocardiography Core Laboratory
The Adult Echocardiography Core Lab is located in the Specialty Clinic building at Froedtert Hospital. The Core Laboratory was established in 2005 to assist investigators with adult cardiac and vascular imaging studies conducted during clinical trials and investigator initiated IRB or CTSI approved studies.
The echo core lab has supported investigator-initiated research projects and NIH funded projects from the Medical College of Wisconsin and Marquette University. We are willing to support all MCW-affiliate research requiring echocardiography. Furthermore, the core lab has supported industry sponsored clinical trials that require cardiac and vascular imaging.
The echo core lab is located on the 5th floor of the Specialty Clinics building and provides services to investigators for adult TRUs of the CTSI. We have trained staff with expertise in adult cardiac and vascular ultrasound imaging.
Specialty Clinics Building, 5th floor, Froedtert Hospital
- Philips Medical Systems iE33 ultrasound system with S5-1, L11-3 and X3-1 imaging transducers. Capabilities include American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) recommended protocol for clinical cardiac studies, 3D imaging, color Doppler strain quantification and 2D strain quantification.
- Vascular imaging with automated intima-media thickness quantification.
- GE Medical Systems Vivid7 ultrasound system with M3 imaging transducer. Capabilities include ASE recommended protocol for clinical cardiac studies.
- Xcelera Focus: Image analysis workstation
- EchoPac: Image analysis workstation
- Philips Xcelera Focus workstation: Diagnostic and report management system specifically designed for 2D echo and vascular image review, archiving, and reporting with password-protected access
- Xcelera Workstation offers 3D image analysis with 3D Quantification (3DQ), 3D Advanced Quantification (3DQADV), Tissue Motion Quantification (TMQA), Strain Quantification (SQ), and Intima-media Thickness (IMT).
- EchoPac workstation with Q analysis software: Diagnostic system specifically designed for 2D echo image review, archiving and reporting. 2D strain (speckle tracking) segmental analysis of cardiac chamber function in addition to ASE recommended standard quantification.
- Phillips IE33 Ultrasound System- S5-1, L11-3 and X3-1 imaging probes.
- GE Vivid7 Ultrasound System- M3 imaging probe.
- Performance of 2D and 3D echo imaging studies, vascular imaging studies
- Protocol development/consultation
- Data collection tool development
- Data collection and management
- Technical image review and analysis
- Data collation
- Physician review*
- Investigator consults for planning and developing echo components of research protocols
- Writing of echo components of research protocols, abstracts and manuscripts
8 am – 4:30 pm
Monday – Friday
Special arrangements for service outside these times can be scheduled.
Leanne Harmann (Contact Person)
(414) 955-6817 / Email
Jennifer L Strande, MD, PhD
Interim Medical Director
(414) 456-7568 / Email
* About Requesting CTSI Resources & Services
The above request requires you to sign in with your CTSI membership credentials (email address and password). If you haven't joined us yet, please sign up today.
MCW users: Please note that your MCW credentials will not work with the CTSI network of sites, and you must join CTSI to establish your membership.