18 Apr Drug Development Collaborative Workshop
Forming Drug Discovery Partnerships
This workshop is aimed towards investigators from across the drug development and discovery spectrum who are interested in forming new research collaborations. Some of the discussion topics will include Target ID/Structural Biology, HTS/Assay Development, Medicinal Chemistry and Lead Optimization or Structure-based Drug Design.
This workshop will:
- Feature plenary sessions on selected topics
- Facilitate interdisciplinary and inter-institutional collaborations
- Provide opportunities to develop collaborations with industry
Format will include:
- A featured keynote address by Michael Barratt, PhD of Washington University on “Drug Repositioning: Forging Academic-Industry Partnerships”.
- Morning plenary sessions designed to maintain a broad discussion/research focus in order to maximize the collaborative potential of each topic.
- A lunchtime presentation: “Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin: Access – How the CTSI Resources Can Benefit Your Research Career”.
- Afternoon breakout sessions that are designed to provide an opportunity for in-depth discussion.
Date / Time: Thursday, May 31st
Venue: Alumni Center
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 25th