30 Oct NGS-Based Pilot Projects – Sequencing, Bioinformatics, and Analysis Request for Applications
Purpose and Overview
To advance precision oncology and the molecular understanding of cancer, the MCW Cancer Center (CC), in partnership with the Genomic Sciences and Precision Medicine Center (GSPMC), is inviting proposals for small- scale research projects that utilize any combination of the genomic, transcriptomic or epigenomic technologies and bioinformatics platforms available in the GSPMC. Responsive proposals will describe projects that either improve our understanding of cancer initiation, progression or therapeutic resistance or show promise to improve cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis or treatment.
Priority Areas of Funding for the Current Funding Cycle
Cancer relevant research from all areas of science are invited to apply to this RFA. Priority will be given to collaborations between basic/translational science and population science researchers who propose to study topics related to understanding or addressing cancer disparities, as well as projects that will support grant submissions or publications before December 1, 2021.
- Tenure track faculty that has a cancer-relevant project involving NGS-based methodologies (see GSPMC Technology & Bioinformatics Platforms below).
- For sequencing applications, NGS will be performed at GSPMC.
- For bioinformatics-only applications, sequencing data should meet minimum QC metrics appropriate for each NGS technology.
- Projects should lead to the identification of novel markers for tumor classification, diagnosis, prevention or therapeutics or provide insight into novel mechanisms of cancer initiation, progression and metastasis.
- To ensure appropriate allocation of resources, we recommend consulting with the GSPMC technology and bioinformatics team. 30-minute consultation slots will be available by appointment in both mid- October and mid-November. To schedule, please contact Chris Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions can be sent to GSPMCInfo@mcw.edu.