16 Aug Air Force Medical Support Agency / CTSA Collaboration Workshop Communication: BAA of Potential Interest
CTSA Research Community,
The Air Force Medical Support Agency (AFMSA) Modernization Directorate is soliciting white papers for research. This is a 5-year, 2-step, open-ended Broad Agency Announcement (BAA). Many of the topic areas are narrowly focused on military needs, but one in particular may be of interest to CTSA and other researchers seeking to leverage the data resources in the military’s clinical data warehouse:
3.3.3. Functional Medicine Research: The modernization effort is interested in the science, methodologies, and comparative effectiveness research within the field of functional medicine, especially common, complex conditions, typically treated in the primary care setting.
Areas of interest include:
- Identification of imbalance or dysfunction/dis-regulation/disease of normal physiology and impact on wellness
- Integration of knowledge from many different systems and methods; and the cause of the dysfunction is the diagnostic goal
- Early prediction of dysfunction
- Restoration of balance in the body which is viewed as a dynamic and complex interconnected system of mind, body, emotions and spirit
- Health measured along a wellness continuum (i.e., a spectrum moving from disease to health) is the main goal, which includes the balance of bio-energetic physiologic systems, functioning, and the body, mind, spirit triad
See links below to full information and documentation for the BAA. Three-page whitepapers are due by August 31st 2011. The BAA “anticipates awarding 10 to 20 awards per year for this announcement. The estimated value of each award is $100K to $1M annually, with total contract values of up to $3M over 3 year periods.”
DO NOT submit white papers directly to Grants.gov. White papers must be submitted to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only proposals (2nd step) may be submitted to Grants.gov.