Community Engagement Week: Call for Posters
The Community Engagement Week planning committee is seeking abstract and poster submissions that describe projects, research and/or lessons learned from the field of Community Engagement in Research (CEnR).
Relevant submissions will also meet the following criteria:
- All must fit within at least one of the following topic areas
- community-academic partnerships for health
- community-centered information systems design
- metrics and outcomes in CEnR
- examples from the field in approaching translational research projects
- Either have been developed in direct collaboration with communities (e.g. through a community-academic partnership)
- Or projects demonstrate a deep practical understanding of the needs and priorities of the communities
In contrast to typical academic conferences, posters must convey information about the in ways that are directly accessible and understandable by members of the community at large.
Please complete attached submission form with an abstract (maximum 200 words). We welcome abstracts of original work that have not been peer reviewed previously and those that have been peer reviewed and accepted for presentation at another meeting – but have not yet been presented locally. Complete required information on the abstract form.
Size of actual poster should be 4 feet by 3 feet (horizontal).
Posters that are overly technical, jargon laden or designed solely for an academic audience will be rejected without review.
Electronic Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission Deadline: March 1, 2015
- Poster Session: Morning of Friday, April 17, 2015