19 Oct Research Consenting Workshop: Fall, 2022
Research Consenting Workshop
Informed consent is a fundamental aspect of human subjects research, but this concept involves much more than a signed consent document. In this workshop, participants will become familiar with research consenting regulations, institutional requirements, and best practices. Participants will also learn tips and tricks for creating accessible, effective consent documents and conducting successful consent conversations through a mix of interactive lectures and practical, hands-on activities.
This workshop is designed to help participants…
- Understand the importance and historical context of current informed consent regulations and practices
- Learn how to effectively consent research subjects
- Become familiar with the elements of informed consent and create clear, comprehensive consent documents
- Successfully navigate special consenting situations that may require additional accommodations or considerations
Any staff, faculty member, resident, or fellow involved in the research consenting process, including: writing consents, conducting consent conferences, and/or the training and oversight of others assigned to perform consent functions.
As MCW continues to move through the phases of the COVID-19 recovery plan, we may once again be able to offer this workshop in-person (in addition to virtual). However, depending on current MCW guidance regarding capacity and distancing restrictions, we may be limited in the number of attendees we can accommodate in-person. At this time, we will give preference for in-person attendance to the first 25 registrants who select that option; others will be provided with virtual attendance information. Thank you for your understanding.
- Prior registration required.